In March 2021, chapter representatives were active at the following activities (either in person or via Zoom):
- 3 March: National Veteran’s Recognition Committee;
- 13 March: Special Congress of the SAR;
- 13 March: Virginia History Day;
- 13 March: Battle of Guilford Courthouse (in NC) commemoration;
- 16 March: James Madison’s birthday celebration;
- 20 March: Celebration of Patrick Henry’s famous 23 Mar. 1775 speech at St. John’s Church, Richmond;
- 24 March: George Mason Chapter meeting;
- 28 March: Vietnam Veterans Remembrance Day Wreath Laying at Fairfax County Courthouse War Memorial; and
- 31 March: VASSAR Committee Chair meeting.
At the 24 March 2021 George Mason chapter meeting, chapter member Edwin Fountain gave an overview of the new World War I memorial opening on Pennsylvania Avenue in April 2021. The centerpiece of the memorial is a 58-foot long, 38-figure monumental bronze sculpture. He also discussed the process for designing a memorial in the nation’s capital, which in this case included 45 separate meetings and hearings before 4 different federal agencies. Edwin Fountain was Vice Chair of the U.S. World War I Centennial Commission from 2013 to 2019. Since 2008 he led the effort to establish the national World War I Memorial in Washington DC.