In October 2022, Chapter representatives were active at these events:
- A 15 October grave marking ceremony honoring John Chapman Hunter, American Revolution Patriot and Defender in the War of 1812, and William Whitaker, Defender in the War of 1812, at the Flint Hill Cemetery in Oakton, VA (sponsored by the George Washington Chapter, Virginia Society SAR, and the Society of the War of 1812 in the Commonwealth of Virginia);
- A 18 October 2022 Yorktown Day Celebration and 19 October Gov. Thomas Nelson Jr. wreath laying ceremony at Yorktown, VA (sponsored by the Yorktown Association and the Thomas Nelson, Jr. Chapter of the Virginia Society, Sons of the American Revolution);
- A 26 October 2022 George Mason Chapter meeting at the Arlington Fairfax Elks Lodge, where we heard from Mr. Thomas Moncure about “Why George Mason is important and forgotten,” heard a proposal from the Anna Maria Fitzhugh Chapter of the DAR to jointly restore the grave of William Lindsay of Laurel Hill, in Lorton; and honored local (Arlington) police, fire, and EMS/EMT officers who attended to receive our SAR chapter’s public service awards – the SAR Fire Safety Commendation Medal, the SAR EMS Commendation Medal, and the SAR Law Enforcement Commendation Medal;
- A 29 October ceremony to mark the grave of Patriot Ezekial Potts in Purcellville, VA (sponsored by the Sgt Maj John Champe Chapter); and
- A 30 October ceremony to mark the grave and dedicate a marker for John Carlyle, a signer of the Fairfax Resolves, in Alexandria, VA (co-sponsored by the 1774 Society and the Fairfax Resolves Chapter, VASSAR).