In February 2021, chapter representatives were active at the following activities (via Zoom):
- Feb. 6 Virginia (VA) Society of the Sons of the American Revolution (VASSAR) annual meeting
- Feb. 13 Battle of Kettle Creek commemoration
- Feb. 20 Crossing of the Dan commemoration
- Feb. 27 Battle of Moore’s Creek Bridge commemoration
At the VASSAR annual meeting, the George Mason Chapter or individual members received the accolades identified below.
- Streamer – Making Flag Certificate Presentations
- Streamer – Making contribution to the Mark S. Brennan, Jr. Memorial Fund
- Streamer – Participating in all 4 National events held in Virginia 1). Raid at Martin’s Station, 2). Crossing of the Dan, 3). Siege of Yorktown; 4). Battle of Great Bridge
- Streamer – Participating in Dedication of the Culpeper Minutemen Memorial
- Streamer – The Chapter Excellence Award
Note: This is one of the highest awards a chapter can earn. It is based on points earned on the Annual Americanism Report.
Individual members were recognized as follows:
Pete Davenport – Elected Vice President General of the Atlantic Middle States Association
Note: The Atlantic Middle States Association is made up of the seven State Societies in the Atlantic Middle States, i.e., Virginia, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, and Empire State. The AMSA meets annually during the second weekend in August. Each State Society is responsible for hosting the Atlantic Middle States Conference once every seven years in the following order: 2021 – Maryland; 2022 – New Jersey; 2023 – Empire State; 2024 – Pennsylvania; 2025 – Virginia; 2026 – Delaware; 2027 District of Columbia. At each AMSA Annual Meeting a Vice President General (VPG) is elected to serve until the next AMSA Annual Meeting.
Pete Davenport was awarded a Virginia Society Certificate of Appreciation for serving as the 2020 Chairman of the Virginia Society Council of State Presidents.
Pete Davenport was also awarded a Virginia Society Certificate of Appreciation for serving as 2020 Virginia Society 2021-22 Virginia Society Officers Nominating Committee Chairman.
Rev. Eugene Thomas was awarded a Virginia Society Certificate of Appreciation for serving as 2020-2021 Virginia Society Chaplain.
Rev. Eugene Thomas was re-elected 2021-22 Virginia Society Chaplain. He was installed by President General Jack Manning.
Ken Morris was awarded a Virginia Society Certificate of Appreciation for serving as 2020 Virginia Society Flag Recognition Chairman.
Ken Morris was also awarded a Virginia Society Certificate of Appreciation for conducting the 2021 Virginia Society Flag Recognition Workshop.